market-farming - [Market-farming] growing corn, grinding and making corn meal

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] growing corn, grinding and making corn meal
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 05:30:35 -0400

Does anyone grow corn, and then grind it up into cornmeal and sell at
Farmers Markets? Is this is worthwhile thing, or just wasting my time and
money? I have read about a few varieties of corn for this and it takes a
long growing season. So, it would be the following year before I could sell
it in the markets.
Thanks for any advice.

Sue Wells
Vermont