market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:56:33 -0500 (CDT)

From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
Date: 2006/09/01 Fri PM 01:07:33 CDT
To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato problem

What you have is called bacterial spot. Once this gets in your garden it
lives on in the soil, on your stakes and if you save seed it lives dormant on
the seed until next year. Picking from infected plants spreads the bacteria
to the next plant. There is nothing much you can do except sterilize your
stakes, Clorox soak your saved seed and rotate your garden out of tomatoes
for at least three years...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.