market-farming - [Market-farming] garlic for seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Goodwill at Homefields Farm <sbreneman AT yourgoodwill.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garlic for seed
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:00:21 -0400

We'd like to keep some garlic for seed from our recent harvest. Should it be refrigerated, or is room temp. fine until October?

Thanks to those of you who responded about the compost, timing, etc.
we got 35 cu. yds from Hawk Valley to put on our 6 acres of mixed veg.
I'd like to put more on than that, but the hauling charge is outrageous thanks to the price of fuel.

Scott