market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gravely tiller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gravely tiller
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:53:02 -0500 (CDT)

John. I bought a new Gravely 12hp back in 1971 and have been using it for
mowing and snow blowing ever since. After 35 years the machine still runs
good never needed any servicing and has all the original parts except for the
spark plug. My dad had the old style model L for 20 years before me, these
older models did not seem to hold up very well, often they vibrate themselves
apart and leak oil from everywhere. If the model in question is the old model
L I would not pay $500. A lot depends on how well the machine was kept, many
sit outside in the weather. My tractor is always under roof and well
maintained. The mower is great around the farm I can mow the lawn cut weeds
and chip brush up to one inch thick, its like a mini brush hog. The snow
blower works very well throwing dry snow 100 feet. The tillers are a waste of
time... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.