market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New Farmers' Market question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New Farmers' Market question
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:25:55 -0400

Option 1: quick make up bylaws and form a board of directors. Then see if
you can buy insurance under the group name. The Board of Directors might
technically be liable (you can also get insurance to protect the Board of
Directors but that is expensive so we don't have that).

Option 2: Do you have a farmers market organization in PA? In New York, ours
has an insurance policy that markets and individual members can buy. My
understanding is that they changed this year and only insure the market, not
the individual vendors.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY