market-farming - [Market-farming] irrigation blues...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: david purpura <davepurpura AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] irrigation blues...
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:49:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All.  My request for one inch of rain, falling gently on Saturday and Tuesday evenings, appears to have been misplaced somewhere.

With not too much in the field yet, and a half dozen 30 gallon drums, I'm able to get by for now using a 12 v pony pump that I just bought from northern tools.  It's a little slow, and I'm looking for a source for a larger one - this one claims 360 gph, maybe flowing downhill....

Soon I'll have to hook up the piping and pump water on a more serious scale.  I'm currently using a 5 hp honda trash pump.  It's ok, but I'd like to find a pto driven pump, to either mount on a cub (10 hp or so, spins backwards) or on a super C (20 hp, normal rotation).  Anyone using a setup like this?

thanks,
dave