market-farming - [Market-farming] Saved Edemame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Saved Edemame
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:14:17 -0400

I have been planting saved seed for years. It works well.  I usually replenish with one purchased seed packet of the same type just to make sure. The sprouting % is usually better with the saved, depending on how you kept it (I usually shell the stalk that I dried on a rack in the barn into a coffee can with lid and bring into the house with a silica packet). I always wait until the soil is 60 degrees. You could throw a remay over the row to even out the colder nights. Good luck. Pat - zone 5b/6a

  • [Market-farming] Saved Edemame, Pat Rupiper, 04/17/2006