market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 39, Issue 8

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul Yeager" <pj11yeager AT ez-net.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 39, Issue 8
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:13:49 -0500

I've been growing pole beans the old fashioned way for awhile. It's called
"Three Sisters". Plant your sweet corn in hills & when it emerges, plant
your beans & some squash or pumpkins. The beans have a 1oo% recyclable pole
& deer, raccoons, etc don't care to walk on the large leaves of the squash
if there's easier pickins.

Paul Yeager
Northeastern Wisconsin

Thought I'd plant pole beens this year to save my back. Can some of you
recommend a simple way to build something for the beens to climb on? Think
there'll be 4 rows about 250 ft. long.

Thanks
TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b