market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] best greenhouse temp

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] best greenhouse temp
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:12:49 -0500

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:49:28 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>Right now with my greenhouses heated to 60 degrees at night and outdoor
>temps averaging between 25-35* its costing me $300 per 1000 sq. ft per month
>for oil heat. I would say that 72* nights are excellent if you can afford
>it. Going hotter than 72* at night will not improve or speed up vegetable
>plant growth... Bob.

I grow a variety of vegetables and start the seeds indoors.
Once they have germinated, they are in the room temperatures
at our house: 60 F in the daytime, 55 F at night. They all
thrive.

Prior to germination, I keep most of my seeds at 75-80 F (by
means of two mini-electric greenhouses).

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism,
since it is the merger of state and corporate power."
- Benito Mussolini