market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] best greenhouse temp

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] best greenhouse temp
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:49:28 -0600 (CST)

Right now with my greenhouses heated to 60 degrees at night and outdoor temps
averaging between 25-35* its costing me $300 per 1000 sq. ft per month for
oil heat. I would say that 72* nights are excellent if you can afford it.
Going hotter than 72* at night will not improve or speed up vegetable plant
growth... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.