market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Stick traps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Stick traps
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:05:57 -0500

This year, I've started using Solo plastic cups...punch a hole in the
bottom and tie a string to them, coat them with Tangle Trap, and hang
them...when they are full, throw them out. I know that different colors
attract different bugs...yellow attracts white flies, red for coddling
moths on apples. Solo cups come in lots of colors (I also cut them into
strips for labels). Does anyone know of any other specific colors that
attract specific bugs? What about the regular green aphids?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA