market-farming - [Market-farming] Intro from a lurker

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joyce Howlett" <momjoy AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Intro from a lurker
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:13:35 -0600

I felt compelled to say something in light of the heated discussion on this listserve lately. I have been lurking on this list for the past several years as I went from a home gardener to a market gardener. I now have a small farm with around 1 acre in production of heirloom vegetables grown organically. I really appreciate the questions and advice I have read from those of you who are willing to share your experiences. I think this list is one of the most informitive I have seen. I really hate to see its integrity diminished with name calling and negative personal comments. I hope we can get back to ideas for farming and marketing.

Joyce Howlett
Howlett Hill Farm
Oregon, Illinois