market-farming - [Market-farming] New to this list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: <quiltingsue AT earthlink.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] New to this list
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:21:13 -0500

Sue,

Well, I cannot help much as I/we only sell at our seasonal roadisde market, but I have to say that my hat is off to you for such diversity in crops. Do you do ALL this by yourself?

When you say that you did poorly, that is a relative term. Poor in that you went home x % of what you took in the morning? Poor in that you only sold x units of tomatoes and the person next to you sold XXXX tomatoes? Are you offering items that nobody else has or everyone has? (Just because you can grow it does not mean they will immediately buy it. We grew the round, yellow cukes one year. Had to give one away to every customer, and then not all would even take one.)

Just some unorganized thoughts.

What state are you in?

Tom
Limerock Orhcards