market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Posting pictures

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Posting pictures
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:39:00 -0500

Marlin,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

A blog is literally a web log or diary. It is a simple web page (though many have made them to be websites with multiple pages and a lot of bells and whistles). It is a simple way for you to have a web presence and they tend to be a lot easier to use than websites where you have to deal with ftp.

Why would you post your pictures to another farm's website? most people looking at the pictures will assume they are the farm owner's pics and not yours (but perhaps that does not matter to you). This is something I would not do because it would confuse my customers and more importantly my potential customers. The main reason I have a website and blog is to ultimately attract new customers (okay, and I have an addiction to writing that the blog takes care of).putting my information on another's website would defeat that purpose.

Lucy