market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: Please act today. BioDemocracy Under Attackin Missouri!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: Please act today. BioDemocracy Under Attackin Missouri!
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:02:30 -0500

And besides, every one of you on this list can become members of your
local Farm Bureau. And by being a member you can participate in the
policy development process. The policy process starts in your county,
moves to the state level, and then on to the American Farm Bureau.

Last I looked, which was a couple of weeks ago in response to a similar post to this one on another list, Farm Bureau nationally is supportive of not only GMOs but also is pressing for a slacking of the EPA rules on farm chemicals. As always, I do not think the Farm Bureau is a practical way for people who do not want toxins within or on their food to affect change.

I also think that most of us are capable of multi-tasking I know that I am, so when I mouth off on this list, how dare you assume that I'm not also doing what I can to affect change in my local community?

-Allan Balliett
Fresh and Local CSA
Shepherdstown, WV