market-farming - [Market-farming] legislation protecting biotech

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Errol Castens <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] legislation protecting biotech
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:53:48 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I saw stories where Iowa and California had been considering legislation
protecting biotech from local bans but didn't find what the outcome was in
either case. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if my own state has such a law. Will
make it my business to find out.

errol castens
Oxford, Mississippi

>> "In the last year, 14 U.S. states, prodded by Monsanto and the Farm
>> Bureau, have made it illegal for local communities to ban GE crops.
>> Another 5 states have preemption bills introduced in their state
>> legislatures."
>>
>> Does anyone know which states they are referring to?  I haven't come
>> up with any valid hits in my searches...

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

  • [Market-farming] legislation protecting biotech, Errol Castens, 02/17/2006