market-farming - [Market-farming] farmers market insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] farmers market insurance
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:26:20 -0800 (PST)

> Those of you who sell at market...what sort of insurance does the market
> carry? Is it purchased through stall fees or is it provided by the owner
> of
> the lot?
>
> I manage our market and our deal is a $5 fee for the season set up and
then the market gets 5% of the vendor's gross. These fees are used for
liability insurance (about $300 per year) which covers someone getting
hurt at the market and that sort of thing but is Not product liability,
which must be covered by the individual vendor. The fees also go
towards advertising, a nursery licence, business licence, and paid music
at the market. No one has every complained that the market charges too
much.....rather thanks that the market provides so much.....good luck...

  • [Market-farming] farmers market insurance, sora, 02/05/2006