market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] PS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] PS
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:41:04 -0500

In southern NJ we don't get three months early tomatoes in unheated
hoophouses but
we do get three weeks. The challenge for us is not getting an early tomato,
its
getting thousands of early tomatoes ready to sell by early June that people
will
want to buy. In NJ there are only two kinds of tomatoes, grape and very large.
Anything in-between will not sell so the extra early types like Glacier will
not
work for us... 70 day Mountain Spring do well in our unheated hoophouses...
Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.