market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] using credit cards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] using credit cards
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:08:15 -0600

Regards to the list:

Hi Carol,

We take credit cards for CSA payments, although we encourage people to give us a check.  It costs us 3% to take the cards.  We went through our small rural bank which sold us a used manual machine for about $50.  They gave us a stack of the credit sale blanks.  We have to call an 800 number to verify cards and and the money goes into our checking account instantly.  We can take credit cards at markets and use a cell phone to verify. We don’t use it much, but it’s handy to have.

Marie in Missouri

 Greetings to the list .. I was wondering if anyone has successfully used credit cards