market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Weeds in path

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Juanita Garcia" <nitag AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming Newsletter" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Weeds in path
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:18:16 -0600

Good morning!

Bob Schuler wrote that a product called Scythe would work well to
control pathway weeds...can you give me a source?

We grow all our crops in raised beds (having original soil that could be
used for making pottery : ); we are always looking for anything that
would keep the weeds down in the paths without leaving residue, easy to
use, etc.

Also, since we do have the occasional chicken that flies over the garden
fencing, does the product have any warnings about use around pets and
farm animals?

Juanita Garcia
Garcia Eggs & Herbs
Leander TX (Zone 8)