market-farming - [Market-farming] Horizontal trellis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <adriana AT chefsgreens.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Horizontal trellis
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:56:12 -0600

Andy,.
I used 6" hog wire mesh this summer in my outside garden. This winter I'm trying the polypropylene trellis in my greenhouse. The tomatoes and cukes are not tall enough yet to give any indication of whether it is going to be a good solution or not. Give me a couple of months and I'll update you. Mine is attached with nylon wire ties every 2-3 feet to a pipe running across the top, 6' high.

I DO like the wire mesh for the outside production.

Adriana Gutierrez
Birmingham, AL

Has anyone tried Horizontal trellis, a polypropylene 6" mesh for staking
tomatoes? I would like to know how it worked.

  • [Market-farming] Horizontal trellis, Adriana, 12/21/2005