market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] humus-intensive, soil building contacts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] humus-intensive, soil building contacts
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:29:52 -0600

Paul

Do you think that the discussion might get into areas that might be experiential or intuitive or not backed up by empirical science? I know that I have a deep reverence for the soil and it's processes. I experience a feeling of connection with rich soil and places in nature. Something inside me says these feelings are as important as production, perhaps even interactive with production.

I know when we were on the subject of books I was hesitant to mention Findhorn Garden because it is spiritual. If that is the concern maybe we could all not get too carried away with our pet beliefs and go forward. If anyone has trouble with this post and objects to this vein then we can go elsewhere. I have a deep respect for the knowledge of science and also the practical school of hard knocks but that's not all I am.

Open to a bigger box

Marty Kraft