market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Help...Whiteflies!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Help...Whiteflies!!
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:05:37 -0000

I love Carl's your suggestion regarding us of hydrogen peroxide for cabbage loopers instead of BT...I'm defintely going to give that a try.

I have a major whitefly problem this year...the worst I've ever seen - they're everywhere. I've tried insecticidal soaps with no positive results and am now at a loss. I've found a few places that sell parasitic wasps that prey on whiteflies, but they seem to be geared toward release in a controlled environment like a greenhouse. Does anyone have any suggestions for control in the field. Their presence should begin to diminish once the temperature drops (we're still in the high '90s here in Arizona), but in the meantime I'm about to scream.

Thanks,

Kelly Saxer
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, Arizona