market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Red Rookie Caabbage seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland and Roots Farm <rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Red Rookie Caabbage seed
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:59:50 -0400

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the heads up on Red Jewel. I don't remember seeing it in any of the seed catalogs I check. Any idea where it might be available?

All best wishes,

Karen

*Karen Sutherland **
**Roots Farm**
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs*
Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm AT marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

robert schuler wrote:

Red Jewel claims to be the replacement and improved version of red rookie.
Jewel has better tipburn resistance, I have found tipburn a serious problem in
wet years around here...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Karen Sutherland and Roots Farm wrote:

Greetings all,

Does anyone know a source for untreated Red Rookie Cabbage seed? That
variety gives us the best performace in our (mostly) wet tropical zone
10. Super Red 80 does OK if we can get it past damping off stage. Ruby
Perfection NG. Any other recommendations for hot moist growing conditions?

Thanks!

Karen