market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation pump info

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation pump info
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 20:04:50 -0400

Wendy -= You can get a picture here: http://www.bargainpoolsupplies.com/sandfilters.htm (scroll down and look for "Triton II")

I recommend buying the unit(s) from a good irrigation supplier (although they are available from pool supply dealers). You will need guaging and a back-flush system. Irrigation dealers will size all of this stuff for you. I use Rain-Flo (Ask for John, tell him I sent you!). They have been very good at creating low dollar/low tech solutions for my water needs.

Good luck!!

Allan - where did you get your sand filter? Do you have a picture you could email me?
I'm trying to bring our local irrigation guys up to speed!!! They're used to orchards with hand water lines!

I can't go to drip until I figure out a solid, reliable filtration system!

Thanks,
Wendy