market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bugs
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:46:43 +0000

I tried a handheld vacuum cleaner one year for blister beetles. The model I had was pretty useless -- it ran for only 20 minutes before using up its charge, then had to get recharged for 12-24 hours.

My friend Mary Anne tried this spray on cabbage last summer for harlequin bugs and said it worked well (haven't tried it myself). Think she got the recipe from Organic Gardening. Anyway, the recipe is 1/3 c. veg oil, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1 c. water.

Ken Bezilla
Charlottesville, VA