market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buckwheat shortage?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buckwheat shortage?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:31:43 -0400

Whenever I need covercrop seed I go to my local corn soybean seed supplier and
ask them to get whatever I need. If they don't stock it they know who to
call. 9
times out of 10 they will get any seed I need. Usually they buy a full trailer
load and save me the cost of transportation even though I might only buy 10
bags. I presently get most of my covercrop seeds sorgum sudan grass and rye
out
of Plainview TX..
I paid $7 for 50 pound bags of rye and $17.50 for 50 pound bags sudex.
If all else fails in finding buckwheat you might take this route... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.