market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buckwheat re-growth?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Wendy & Randy Gray <hoemangray AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buckwheat re-growth?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

I too have enjoyed this thread. We planted buckwheat last year and
unintentionally let it go to seed. It did help loosen the soil and prevent
quite a bit of weed growth and is coming back spottily this year. When we
planted it, we broadcast it and then ran the big lawn roller over it. Then
watered, it did very well.

A new question...has anyone used it over tuplip, allium, or lily beds to
control the weeds once you're doing harvesting the flowers? I have an
opportunity now to try that...and would appreciate any further advice!

Wendy
z6ish OR