market-farming - [Market-farming] reselling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] reselling
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:45:07 -0700 (PDT)

> Seems they could have made a rule that addressed the issue more directly -
> like "Vendors need to be selling their own produce" or "vendors need to
> come from within this geographical area" so that the market would be
> supporting local growers. The rule that they made thwarts local growers.
>
> I know you had nothing to do with making the rule....Just chiming in here.
>
> Jill Bussiere, Wisconsin
> We've worked hard to keep our Market rules simple and direct. We try to
stem off problems before they happen. Our primarily enforced rules are
1. No reselling 2. All products must be locally produced (within the
surrounding counties.) Opening these 2 rules only opens a bag of worms.
As far as not allowing in local farmers with stands, it's no business
of the Market where else local farmers try to scrape together a living.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

  • [Market-farming] reselling, sora, 07/10/2005