market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market question
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:02:48 -0400

If you were to drive to my cities farm market you will find every road leading
to it lined with farm stands, my own stand included. So by the time you get to
the farmers market your money is spent. Our farmers market is dominated by the
same farmers who run the out of town farm stands so they get the sales one way
or another. No doubt this upsets many of the back roads farmers who never see
any traffic on their roads and need the services of a city farmers market,
perhaps this is the mentality driving your market... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.