market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] berry baskets?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] berry baskets?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:26:56 -0500

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 07:51:48AM -0500, David Tannen wrote:
> Below is a response I saved concerning baskets. You might also want to
> try a company called Indiana Berry. You will need to do a google search
> for their website.
>
> David
>
> Another good basket place in Jacksonville is Peacock Crate. They trend
> more toward utilitarian baskets in large volume but fewer types. And
> probably cheaper. 903 586-5321. I was about to claim that they do not
> have a web presence, but I googled to: http://www.peacockdisplay.com.
> >From that, it appears that they may have changed their target market
> since I was last there.
>
> --
> Willie

That's pretty old. I saw the Peacock real estate for sale quite some
time ago; I'm pretty sure they are out of business now. Sad. They
were an old business with a lot of interesting equipment and
warehouses. I think the poster was looking for small pint or so sales
baskets. Peacock's smallest was 1/4 peck (1/2 gallon) and I think
Texas Basket's small baskets are too expensive to include with the
product.

That brings to mind another developing problem. As my supply of 1/2
peck Peacock baskets wears out, I will be looking for something else to
pick berries into. Something of about a gallon, fairly durable, cost
of $1 or less; I'll need several hundred. Suggestions?