market-farming - [Market-farming] Farm Equipment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Atkerson <jatkerso AT bowlinggreen.net>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farm Equipment
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:35:14 -0500

Well, it looks like I'll be moving to Kentucky, to a new farm. I'll be thrilled to get back to farming, but I'll still shoe on the side. Anyway, question is we need to find a loan for financing farm equipment. What do y'all recommend?? This farm is 68 acres & we have someone who'll bale hay for us until we get settled. But in the meantime we still need a tractor!! Where to start??

Liz Pike
Danbury NC (soon to be Dawson Springs, KY)

One of the better places in western Kentucky to buy farm equipment in Mitchells' in Central City, KY.

I have found tractor parts for 50% of local prices, making it practical for me to make the one and one-half hour drive to Central City from where I live (Franklin, KY). Equipment appears to be less than most places I've seen.

Jay