market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grasshopper bait

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andrew Wendt <andyflys AT heritagewifi.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grasshopper bait
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:29:06 -0600

Are you going to use the Rice Bran as the bait? I don't know if it will work very well because it doesn't contain gluten which helps bind stuff and acts like glue.
Andy

Adriana wrote:

I scaled the recipe down since I only needed to treat a 3000 sq. ft greenhouse. So I used grocery store wheat bran that comes in boxes. I have however bought a 50# bag of rice bran at a "feed & seed store". I assume they also have wheat. If you know anybody who has horses or cows, ask them where they buy their feed.

And where can I get 20 pounds of wheat bran?