market-farming - [Market-farming] Holding Strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Holding Strawberries
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 08:38:10 -0400

We are doing CSA with two delivery days. We also grow a lot of strawberries.

We usually pick the day before the delivery and the day of the delivery and hold the harvest in the fridges until driving time.

I'm wondering if anyone holds there berries longer than that and, if so, how? (Also curious about what fridge temp works well for you, otherwise.)

Also wondering about easy-to-do value-added products for incl in the shares from the odd day harvests.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV

  • [Market-farming] Holding Strawberries, Allan Balliett, 05/29/2005