market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] gladiolus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] gladiolus
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:40:21 -0500

Glad shoots - in our experience they leave these alone. However, they think
the flowers are candy. We had to stop growing them outdoors because the
deer ate the flowers right up the stem, just as they showed color. Growing
them in crates this year, between the high tunnels, which we plan to close
off with gates at each end.

Waushara has good prices, but I have no idea whether they still have any
stock. THE WAUSHARA GARDENS, N5491 5th Drive,Plainfield, WI 54966
715-335-4462

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm