market-farming - [Market-farming] Horsetail

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "ktk2a" <ktk2a AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Horsetail
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:46:58 -0700

I have a couple of raised beds that seem to be growing nothing but horsetail.  One bed has only soil in it (done before I realized horsetail was going to be a problem) and the other has landscape fabric on the bottom.  The second bed is not nearly so overtaken as the first one, but still the horsetail is a problem.  I plan on digging out all the soil and laying some kind of protection on the bottom, then refilling.  Any ideas on what to use to line the beds with?  Seems like horsetail can grow through just about anything...

Thanks in advance...
Kathy
Cedar Glen, WA