market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pole Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Janet Bachmann <janetb AT ncat.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pole Beans
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:52:12 -0500

One of my aunts, who lived in Birmingham, Alabama, grew pole beans on strings. She had a wire strung between posts sort of like a clothes line, then had strings running down from that. I think the strings must have been tacked to the ground next to the bean rows. Or you could go find somebody that doesn't mind parting with some river cane!
Janet Bachmann
Also Fayetteville, AR

Teresa Kohut wrote:

Any recomendations of how to string up the most amount of poles beans possible with limited funds? I heard they grow the best up strings. Anyone have any ideas?

Teresa Kohut
Fayetteville, AR