market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Tomatoes selling/prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Stephanie Nosacek" <breezynosacek AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Tomatoes selling/prices
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 13:56:30 -0400

Thanks for that response and the link I appreciate it very much.

I had contacted one of the farmers markets in another county which turned out not to let anybody out of the county set up there to sell.

The manager stated that they tried to keep their prices in line with supermarket prices. Now since many of the growers are organic and there aren't any organic grocery stores in the area I figure they are cutting their throats. They should be getting better prices than the shipped in produce is selling for. Just my opinion.

Steph