market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cash registers for marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cash registers for marketing
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:34:11 -0500

Here's a few ways for you to consider.

Weigh what you take to market.  When the market's over, weigh what's left.  You know how much you sell it for, so just do a little math.

Another way.  Weigh how much a bushel, peck, pint, etc. is for each different veggie.  Since you know what a container each thing weighs, just count the before and after containers and do the math.

Or...., I like this one the best, forget the weight and count the number of before and after bushels, pecks, pints, etc.  At the end of the year multiply what you get per bushel, peck, etc. times the total quantity of each sold.

Mark (West Texas Zone 7b)