market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Organic fertilizers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Organic fertilizers
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:35:36 -0400

Do you know what nutrients you actually need? If not, get a soil test
first; no sense spending money on something that's the wrong balance
for your soil, and might actually do more harm than good.

In answer to this response, I am feeding the plants that I plan on selling,
so there is no soil to test. My base is just ProMix and I thought that they
would like an extra boost ever once in awhile. I am not certified or
anything, but I try to practice the organic method to the best of my ability.
Only with my edibles so far. I can't afford that road with my flowers. I
use miricle grow in low doses everytime I feed my hanging baskets and flats
of flower plants. And I just felt that I should also be feeding my other
veggie plants and herbs as well.

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh