market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Speedlings, Digging Forks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bransky <broadcaster AT mwt.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Speedlings, Digging Forks
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:14:28 -0500

Secondly, has anyone any experience of using the Fiskars digging fork being sold by Lehman's?
<www.Lehmans.com//shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=5937&itemTyp e=PRODUCT&iMainCat=923&iSubCat=923&iProductID=5937>
$29.95, tough, steel handle, oversize grip and stepping plate.

Pam Dawling, Louisa, VA, zone 6b

We bought one of the Fiskars forks at our local hardware store for $20. It is very sturdy and comfortable, with forged fork, steel shaft, and plastic handle wide enough for two hands. For popping garlic we have put in a lot of heavy use on nice forged forks with elegant split-wood handles, made in England and costing three times the price. After several years some of the wooden shafts have snapped, perhaps because we leave them out poked in the ground to mark where we stopped. I expect that over time the Fiskars' steel shaft will tolerate our casual maintenance habits better than the wooden ones do.

Paul Bransky
Liz and Paul's Farm
Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin

Read the Organic Broadcaster. www.mosesorganic.org/ob/intro.htm

  • [Market-farming] Re: Speedlings, Digging Forks, Paul Bransky, 04/08/2005