market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cutting Celery- Sticky Note

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cutting Celery- Sticky Note
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:31:27 -0600

I know that Cutting Celery (Apium graveolens) is available from Johnny's
Selected Seeds. A Google search will yield several more suppliers.

I keep meaning to try this as well. Seems to require a pretty long
season but it is also described as a winter hardy annual so perhaps it
could be a crop that could be harvested from a hoophouse during the
winter to serve restaurant markets. It is reportedly easier to grow
than regular celery but germination is slow and challenging. Apparently
it is more flavorful than regular celery and is widely used in Europe.