market-farming - [Market-farming] Enviromesh

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Enviromesh
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:05:19 -0500

Have any of you heard of Enviromesh? It's a fine mesh netting,
woven from UV stabilised polyethylene, with 90% light transmission.
Expected to last 7-10 years. It's a new product being sold in the UK
to keep bugs off plants. It comes in various mesh sizes, to exclude
whitefly/aphids/thrips/fleabeetles. Available in a range of widths, 100
metres on a roll.
            I haven't found a US distributor yet, but I'm keen to! The
manufacturer's web site is:
<http://www.agralan.co.uk/pest.com.html>
            I hope it gets here soon!
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, Louisa, VA