market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Intentionally crossing tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Intentionally crossing tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:03:07 -0500

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:30:58 -0500, you wrote:

>I did a search for "Cross Pollination" and got a few hits, one that
>recommends a book by Carol Deppe "Breeding Your Own Vegetable Varieties"

I have this book and it's very useful and very informative.
I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to be
involved in breeding vegetables.

I would also recommend 'Seed to Seed' by Suzanne Ashworth
for anyone intending to do any cross-breeding (or seed
saving). She goes into detail on the pollination methods of
various vegetables.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.