market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ReLocally grown

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Tannen" <david AT centerville.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ReLocally grown
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:53:09 -0600

I think this is the chain out of Knoxville, TN. They are like a small Wild Oats. I think their main focus is fresh meat, fish and prepared foods. I purchase these items VERY infrequently, so I concentrated on looking at thier produce. It was not very impressive.
I contacted the manager to explore selling to them. They do not purchase locally! All produce is trucked in from corporate headquarters.
I asked the cheese shop manager if they carry raw milk cheeses. She looked at me as though I was from Mars. Had never heard of such a thing.
They are good place to stop if you are on the road and looking for a quick something to eat or an alternative place for lunch.
This fits in with the discussion on marketing. I think they will help you for two reasons. They are not local, you are. They raise people's interest in "fresh" which will add to your custormer base.

David
Middle Tennessee

----- Original Message ----- From: "nancy a parker" <nan3russ AT juno.com>