market-farming - [Market-farming] don't know beans about beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steven Rogers" <singingpigfarm AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market-farming" <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] don't know beans about beans
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:41:11 -0800

I am looking for commercial quantities of dry bean seeds--up to 300#/variety. Some of the varieties I am looking for are:
tarbais,dutch white runner,cranberry,cannelini.
I believe I want bush varieties only. Has anyone out there been involved in large scale production of dry beans?
Do I need to grow only bush varieties for mechanical harvest? will pole beans produce if allowed to sprawl and
will they tangle the harvesting equipment. Any how-to information and suggestions for bush type specialty
varieties and sources for large quantities of seed would be greatly appreciated.

Steven Rogers
singingpigfarm AT earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.