market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:40:54 -0500

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 07:40:08AM -0400, Allan Balliett wrote:
> Dear fellow farmers:
>
> I'm stressing right now on where to plant the rye/vetch for next
> year's tomato patch. I know I've heard that 'tomatoes love tomatoes'

I have NOT heard that "tomatoes love tomatoes". I have had poor tomato
crops that I attributed to poor rotation. I try to plant
tomatoes/eggplant/peppers/potatoes no more often than every third year
on any patch.

Like all things agriculture, it's more art than science, more guessing
than knowing.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die