market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: pumpkin/squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: pumpkin/squash
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:24:44 -0600

Thank you for this discussion! I had forgotten about a box of squash in my
root cellar! LOL

I am not a fan of squash, and it can be a challenge to keep during our damp
winters. I will attempt to make Butternut Squash Pie tonight to go with my
Boiled Brisket and Cabbage meal. (Yup, everything but the cabbage came off
my farm-even our old cow donated the brisket!)

But the butternuts came from a neighbor since I don't grow most squashes
myself. LOL Maybe I will next year when I try a few of the recipes I have
found online!

This seemed like a good place to start:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-11,butternut_squash,FF.html

I do love acorn squash baked with sausage stuffing! Maybe now, I will like
Butternut too. Never thought to cook it in a pie. I am wondering if it
will taste more like Sweet Potato Pie than pumpkin.

Christina

  • [Market-farming] RE: pumpkin/squash, mtlivestock, 09/23/2004