market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] crime in rural america

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret L Wilson" <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] crime in rural america
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:22:33 -0700

Just moving to the boonies will not make a difference, unfortunately.
Methamphetamine is easy to make and it is any where you go. I sometimes
think it is used more out here than in the cities. I am now located in a
very rural part of SW Oregon. I have a background in law enforcement and my
son is an officer in California. The local cops tell me that it is a bigger
problem here than you would imagine. The latest scheme is to rent a moving
truck to have a lab in. They keep moving before they get busted. Crack,
crystal, speed whatever you want to call it is bad, bad stuff. I have
several big dogs and, frankly, I am always armed. The druggies always look
for the easiest target. Speed tends to make users paranoid and frequently
violent. Be careful.
I have seen them case my place. Sadly, it is the local kids that are burging
the neighborhood.
Margaret