market-farming - [Market-farming] umbrellas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] umbrellas
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

>> Anybody have any experience to share about purchasing market umbrellas --
> good sources, what to look for/avoid, etc.
I originally started with umbrellas and found them to be a real nightmare
in the wind....the stand has to be super heavy and then there is the
possibility of them turning inside out. Most of our market has gone to
the ezup type shelters that have more points to secure down. I tie the
back of it to the roof rack on my truck and tie 30 lbs of weights per leg
to the front.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics